Location: Hamburg, NY
Rehabilitation Specialist -
- Direct Hire
- Traveler Accepted
- Full Time
- New Rehabilitation Therapy Grads Welcome
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Location: Hamburg, New York (suburb of Buffalo, NY)
- Our team of rehabilitation specialists play a vital role in ensuring the health and well-being of residents through comprehensive and high-quality therapy services. A valid state license specific to rehabilitation therapy is required.
- Implement effective rehabilitation treatments based on physicians' orders and maintain regular communication with the physician.
- Keep accurate written evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for residents enrolled in the rehabilitation therapy program.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to address the unique needs of residents, optimizing their rehabilitation or functional maintenance.
- Contribute to Resident Care Planning meetings and attend in the absence of the Director of Rehabilitation Therapy.
- Maintain statistical records of residents' treatments.
- Participate in in-service training programs when requested.
- Update and maintain residents' care plans in the Inter-disciplinary Kardex.
- Submit requisitions for necessary treatment supplies to the Director of Rehabilitation Therapy.
- Assume all duties of the Director of Rehabilitation Therapy during absences, including supervision of Rehabilitation Therapy Aides and ensuring all required documentation is completed.
- Graduation from an accredited school of rehabilitation therapy is required.
- A valid state license to practice rehabilitation therapy is required.
- New Rehabilitation Therapy Grads welcome.
Preferred experience of at least two years in rehabilitation therapy.
- Interest in rehabilitation therapy programs for the geriatric and subacute populations is necessary. Ability to supervise others is also required.
- ABOUT THE AREA:
- Hamburg is a town located in Erie County, New York, and is named after the city of Hamburg in Germany. Situated on the western border of the county, it lies to the south of Buffalo. Hamburg is one of the South towns in Erie County. The town offers convenient access to Niagara Falls, Canada, within a 30-minute drive, as well as being 1.25 hours away from Rochester, NY, and 2.50 hours away from Syracuse, NY.