Speech Language Pathologist
- LOCATION: Ticonderoga, NY (near the picturesque Lake George NY)
- PERMANENT OR TRAVELER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- ACCEPTING CANDIDATES NEW TO THE FIELD
- FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS INCLUDED
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Skilled Nursing Facility
- Our team of Speech-Language Pathologists play a crucial role in ensuring the overall well-being of our residents. They assess residents for speech-language therapy needs, create tailored treatment plans, conduct audiometric screenings, and provide ongoing therapy sessions. By delivering high-quality care, our Speech-Language Pathologists contribute to a positive and supportive environment for all residents.
1. Evaluate and screen residents for communication difficulties, and develop written therapy plans as needed.
2. Organize and coordinate audiometric screenings, making referrals for further evaluations or treatments if necessary.
3. Implement speech-language therapy plans according to physician orders, maintaining effective communication with the physician throughout the therapy program.
4. Respectfully and compassionately treat residents, ensuring their rights are upheld.
5. Maintain accurate records of evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries for all residents in the speech-language treatment program.
6. Collaborate with other staff members to address the specific needs of residents and integrate speech-language treatment with other disciplines.
7. Attend meetings related to resident care planning and review sessions for residents in the speech-language treatment program.
8. Maintain comprehensive records, including statistical reports, in-service education information, budget details, and material/equipment inventory.
9. Submit statistical reports for Medicare billing purposes and complete assessment forms upon request.
10. Attend staff meetings and participate in required or preferred in-service training sessions.
11. Contribute to the development and delivery of in-service training programs for facility personnel involved in resident care.
12. Regularly review and update written speech-language policies and procedures.
13. Adhere to budget constraints while managing program costs.
14. Follow safety rules and practices to ensure the well-being of staff, residents, and visitors.
15. Generate and implement ideas that enhance resident care quality and increase productivity and job satisfaction.
16. Fulfill assigned duties while upholding service excellence standards and goals for the position and the facility's staff.
17. Provide exceptional customer service to residents, staff, and visitors.
18. Perform additional duties as instructed by a supervisor, management staff, or the Administrator.
• Must have a M.A. or M.S. Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited school.
• Valid license to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of New York.
• Preferably possess Clinical Competence Certification from the American Speech and Hearing Association.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must demonstrate maturity, diplomacy, and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
• Verification of qualifications by the New York State Department of Health, Office of Rehabilitation Therapies (license number/certification number).
• Capable of performing tasks to the highest standards of excellence.
• Committed to upholding the company's vision and mission, and adhering to the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion for Excellence, and Reverence for the Individual.
Ticonderoga is a charming town that boasts a rich history, breathtaking landscapes, and abundant recreational opportunities. Situated between the stunning Lake George and Lake Champlain, this region offers endless possibilities for leisure and relaxation.