Location: Irvine, CA
Exciting opportunity for a currently employed Tax Supervisor with a US-based CPA firm, to join an established and successful company that offers potential for short-term partnership. This role provides a hybrid work environment and a healthy work-life balance. You will work with a diverse range of clients in various industries, including closely held businesses and high net worth individuals.
Candidates from Big-4, national, or large local CPA firms in Los Angeles will be considered, as well as candidates open to relocation assistance.
We are in search of a tax supervisor who possesses a modern understanding of professional standards, technology, and data security. As a leader of our tax team, you will ensure the timely delivery of exceptional tax compliance and controversy work product in collaboration with our tax partners. The ideal candidate will have strong team management and mentoring skills. Our firm is committed to prioritizing the well-being of both our clients and staff, with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Lead tax teams in our office.
• Advocate for technology tools to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
• Hands-on review and approval of tax returns, as well as other tax consulting and planning tasks.
• Manage tax projects and deadlines, with personal responsibility as the tax preparer.
• Ensure timely delivery of work and accept final accountability for decisions.
• Understand and implement professional licensing standards, Circular 230 requirements, and tax regulations for the tax team.
• Provide hands-on mentorship to tax team members, fostering their professional and personal growth.
• Serve as a resource for tax staff and partners, addressing tax-related issues and inquiries.
• Stay up-to-date with changes in tax laws and procedures, and incorporate them into tax team workflows and standards of practice to maintain a high level of excellence.
• Contribute to the design of annual tax staff training.
• Collaborate with partners and other departments within the company.
• Maintain professional relationships within the industry and actively participate in national, state, and local membership organizations.
• 5+ years of experience in public accounting.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in California or the ability to become licensed within 6 months of joining the firm.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a Juris Doctor (J.D.) required.
• Advanced degree in taxation preferred.
• Strong tax research and writing skills required.
• Knowledge of income tax returns, including individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits, and foundations. Experience with complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters, and mergers & acquisitions is preferred.
• Public speaking experience is a plus.
• Excellent software skills required.
• Prior experience managing a team of licensed professionals is required.
• Experience in tax controversy, audit, and rulings is highly desired.
• Emotional intelligence is important.
• Demonstrated leadership in diversity, equity, and inclusion is preferred.
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
• Cultivate a work-life integration culture and foster a sense of belonging.