Field Service Technician ~
- You may occasionally be required to visit a client on short notice if their equipment is down and impacting their production, but overnight stays are rare.
- Knowledge of electrical components, ability to read schematics, and basic troubleshooting skills are necessary.
- You should be able to install software and perform basic configuration, such as confirming IP addresses, to enable remote diagnosis of equipment.
- While you don't need to be able to program PLC controllers and Camera Inspection equipment, some exposure to how they work inside equipment is required.
- You must have confidence to make decisions in front of clients to resolve problems and get equipment up and running again.
This position involves providing service over the phone, email, and in person to clients with deployed equipment under service contract.
You will be responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and documenting equipment repairs. We need someone who remains calm under pressure, works independently, and is resourceful in troubleshooting and on-site repairs. You may also be required to train clients, move, install, repair equipment, and train operators on basic use and maintenance.
We provide excellent training on our products and processes, with extensive training after you acquire basic knowledge and spend some time in the field. Final training will require time at our headquarters. The equipment we deal with is electro mechanical printing equipment used to produce commercial-grade quality and quantities.
As expected, we offer full company benefits, including medical and dental insurance, expenses, and a phone, laptop, company car, gas card, and expense account.
We are a growing company with plans to expand and capitalize on our unique technology and capabilities. We are about to introduce another equipment line that will drive 30%+ growth over the next 5 years, making service and installation of that equipment crucial.
In the San Leandro area, there is a high density of equipment, so most of the work involves travelling. You will be home almost every evening.
We cover all expenses while on the road at client locations and provide generous time off and compensation time off. You will be scheduled to visit key client locations and to meet with clients who have equipment issues that couldn't be resolved remotely or over the phone through tech support.
We take care of all travel arrangements using our travel service and direct billing them to the company whenever possible. You will also be provided with a company credit card for gas and expenses while travelling.
In our industry, we are used in some capacity by 95% of companies producing printed material in any form. Compensation can reach up to the $80s, with many of our technicians earning six figures based on their travel volume.