We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to support the automotive market in the design, development, production launch, and maintenance of components, assemblies, or systems. This role involves working on a single product development program with the ability to handle various key responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be a proactive team player with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to meet corporate goals by launching and improving new and existing products.
- Lead and assist in implementing design concepts, from component design to finished assembly, using core engineering disciplines. This includes analysis, concept sketching, dimensional verification, and supporting the completion of DFMEA documents.
- Develop design concepts through prototype hardware procurement, assembly, test, data analysis, and CAD design. Provide guidance to technical support personnel when needed.
- Take charge of lab testing to verify and validate design concepts according to functional, environmental, reliability, and durability specifications. Support the generation and completion of DVP&R documentation.
- Control documentation requirements as per the Design Control section of the IATF 16949 Manual. This includes managing Design Control files, DFMEA, Parts Lists, Drawings, Specifications, and DVP&R’s.
- Assist in Program Management activities related to product design release and production launch. This involves creating and maintaining program timing plans, coordinating team communications, documenting meeting minutes, and providing management reports.
- Support activities related to the development and delivery of prototype products to customers, plants, and internal development purposes.
- Interact with customers via phone, email, and in-person communication to support product development, production release, and maintenance. Represent the organization professionally in all customer engagements. Host regular on-site customer meetings.
- Contribute to division-wide cost reduction and containment initiatives.
- Support plant Quality and Manufacturing teams in managing supplier and internal design deviation and improvement requests.
- Assist in completing special assignments and performing other duties as required.
Technical Specifications and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical.
- 3+ years of experience in automotive components or systems.
- Proficiency in general office computer tools, particularly Office 365 and Project.
- Familiarity with LabView.
- Informing – Provides timely information to support teams in their work.
- Problem Solving – Utilizes logic and six sigma methods to solve complex problems, identifying effective solutions and addressing root causes.
- Learning on the Fly – Quick to acquire knowledge and apply it effectively. Embraces challenges and conducts experiments to find solutions. Adapts and grasps concepts swiftly.
- Creativity – Generates original and valuable ideas, making connections between unrelated notions.
- Action Oriented – Energetic and hardworking, plans effectively, seizes opportunities, and makes a positive impact.
- Process Management – Efficiently manages processes to ensure timely task completion, organizes people and activities, prioritizes tasks, identifies measurement opportunities, simplifies complex processes, and recognizes synergies.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening, demonstrates patience, accurately reiterates others' opinions even when disagreeing.
- Functional Technical Skills – Possesses elevated functional knowledge and skill to excel in the role.
- Works Well with Others – Builds constructive relationships, relates well to individuals inside and outside the organization, communicates diplomatically and tactfully, diffuses high-tension situations with data and facts.
- Self-Knowledge – Aware of personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits. Actively seeks feedback, learns from mistakes, remains open to criticism, and participates in balanced performance reviews and career decisions.
- May sit, stand, or walk short distances for up to 10 hours per day.
- May occasionally climb stairs.
- May exert up to 50 pounds of force for routine lifting, pushing, or pulling.
- May frequently lift, push, or pull up to 30 pounds.
- Required to use hands repetitively for grasping, lifting, handling, carrying, or feeling objects.
- Must have 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction.
- Must comply with all safety standards and procedures.
- May frequently reach above shoulder heights or below the waist.
- May routinely stoop, kneel, or bend.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket/vest or apron, and arm guards.