The role of a Manufacturing Manager in Fort Madison, IA requires the ability to work either 2nd or 3rd shift. This position involves leading a team to identify, manage, and execute process improvement opportunities within the plant. As a Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for managing production staff and ensuring production and quality goals are met. Problem-solving and resolving issues in production processes will be a key part of this role. Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring the availability of production resources, such as materials, equipment, and human resources, to maintain production schedules. Supporting continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost, and customer service is also a crucial aspect of this position. The Manufacturing Manager will have ownership over various functions of the business and will strive to create and maintain an engaged and team-oriented workforce to improve business results.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Monitor production to maintain quality, productivity, and cost standards.
- Provide effective employee training to ensure job responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Supervise sanitation operations as necessary to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Enforce plant rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Evaluate subordinate performance, communicate with employees, and provide feedback for improvement.
- Participate in plant and company safety programs, ensuring employee adherence to safety requirements.
Qualifications for the Position
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Food Science, Agricultural Sciences, or other Natural Science degrees. Other degrees will be considered.
- Preferred: 1+ years of supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred: SAP experience.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and loss.
- Knowledge of GMP's.
- Working knowledge of plant equipment and safety.
- Ability to distinguish normal and abnormal situations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a food-processing or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history.
- A self-motivated individual who can multitask and lead others.