Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Join a thriving organization in Milwaukee, WI that highly values its employees. This client offers excellent growth opportunities and is focused on developing, implementing, and improving manufacturing processes. As the Senior Production Engineer, you will serve as the bridge between design engineering and the production floor, bringing manufacturing expertise to implement new product production and process changes. Responsibilities include maintaining production capability, improving quality, reducing cost, enhancing safety, and maximizing throughput. You will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Company – A leading player in the heavy mobile equipment industry
- A rapidly growing division of a $1 billion heavy mobile equipment organization with a worldwide workforce of nearly 6,000 employees.
- Production orders booked for a year in advance.
- Dynamic Manufacturing Engineering Manager promoted from within to lead this group.
- Outstanding culture emphasized safety and individual growth.
Benefits and Features – Recognizing and Valuing Employees
- Excellent benefits and compensation plan, including a 4.5% employer match on 401K, health, vision, dental, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, and life insurance.
- 10% bonus level.
- Flexible work hours, allowing for a shorter workday on Fridays without using PTO.
- Tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center, and on-site nurse.
- Work-life balance with true vacation time where colleagues provide coverage.
- Culture of continuous improvement that values input from all levels of the organization.
- Business casual workplace with a relaxed dress code.
Sorry, this position does not offer visa sponsorship.
- Set up assembly line, establish processes, and documentation.
- Manage mobile equipment products from design hand-off to completion.
- Plan, support, and lead product introductions to the manufacturing floor.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement concepts to reduce waste.
- Troubleshoot production line problems.
- Lead initiatives to mitigate risk, maintain ISO compliance, and reduce costs.
- Lead design initiatives for manufacturing process improvement.
- Justify capital equipment purchases.
- Promote safety and ergonomic practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Master's preferred.
- 5 to 12 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, preferably in large assembly operations.
- Proficiency in CAD, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies.
- Previous experience setting up assembly lines from concept to production is ideal.