Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Exciting career opportunity for a Tax Supervisor currently working in a US-based CPA firm. Join our highly successful and well-established company, with the potential for short-term partnership. Enjoy a hybrid work environment and a healthy work-life balance. We serve a diverse range of closely held clients and high net worth individuals.
Candidates from Big-4, national, or large local CPA firms in Los Angeles, or those requiring relocation assistance, will be considered.
We are looking for a tax supervisor who possesses a modern understanding of professional standards, technology, and data security. You will be responsible for leading our tax team and collaborating with tax partners to ensure the timely delivery of excellent tax compliance and controversy work. The ideal candidate will have strong team management and mentoring skills. Our firm prioritizes people, including both our clients and staff, and is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
What you will be doing:
• Manage tax teams on-site in our office.
• Advocate for technology tools that enhance efficiency, accuracy, and data security.
• Hands-on review and approval of tax returns, consulting projects, and tax planning work.
• Supervise tax projects and adhere to deadlines, assuming responsibility as the tax preparer.
• Ensure deliverables are provided in a timely manner and take ultimate responsibility for decisions.
• Understand and implement professional licensing standards, Circular 230, and tax regulations.
• Provide hands-on mentoring to support the professional and personal growth of team members.
• Serve as a resource for tax staff and partners regarding tax issues and questions.
• Stay up-to-date with changes in tax laws and procedures, implementing necessary workflow adjustments and maintaining the highest professional standards.
• Contribute to the design of annual tax staff training programs.
• Collaborate with partners and other business departments.
• Cultivate professional relationships within the industry and participate in national, state, and local membership organizations.
Skills & experience you need to succeed in this role:
• At least 5 years of experience in public accounting.
• CPA license in California or ability to obtain within 6 months of joining the firm.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or J.D. required.
• Advanced degree in taxation preferred.
• Strong tax research and writing skills.
• Proficiency in income tax matters related to individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits, and foundations. Experience with complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters, and mergers & acquisitions is a plus.
• Preferred experience in public speaking.
• Excellent software skills.
• Experience in managing a team of licensed professionals.
• Strong knowledge of tax controversy, audit, and rulings is highly desirable.
• Possess emotional intelligence.
• Demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion is preferred.
What you will receive:
• Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits structure.
• Embrace a culture of work-life balance and inclusivity.