Hospice RN – Case Manager
Hospice Nurse Case Manager
We are currently seeking a dedicated and caring Hospice Nurse Case Manager to provide comprehensive care and support to terminally ill patients in San Jose, CA. As a Hospice Nurse, your unwavering dedication, expert skills, and compassionate presence will provide comfort and peace to patients and their families during their end-of-life journey.
On-call one weekend per month
Offload one day during the week before and after the weekend, excluding Mondays and Fridays
Hospice Nurse Responsibilities:
- Supervising and coordinating the care of patients who are in the terminal stages of their illness.
- Managing patient visits according to individual needs, collaborating with physicians, overseeing medication administration, and managing orders.
- Providing supervision and guidance to LPNs, LVNs, and Hospice Aides as per established protocols.
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals to ensure patients receive comprehensive palliative care, including physical, emotional, and spiritual support.
- Preferred: Associates degree in Nursing
- Required: Valid Registered Nurse license
- Minimum one year of related experience in hospice, home health, general medical-surgical, or specific patient population nursing (e.g., geriatrics, pediatrics, etc.)
- Willingness to be available on-call
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license